The Case Against Processed Vegetable Oils...
* Some of the most damaging components in our modern diet are processed vegetable oils, as they contain excessive amounts of oxidized omega-6 linoleic acid, a polyunsaturated fat (PUFA). The biological damage they cause is even worse than that caused by refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup
* Many chronic metabolic and degenerative diseases, including age-related macular degeneration, are caused by a preponderance of industrial vegetable oils in the diet
* Vegetable oils degrade to extremely toxic oxidation products when heated, including cyclic aldehydes, which contribute to the development of heart disease and neurodegenerative diseases
* Two common stealth sources of harmful PUFAs are conventionally farmed chicken and pork. These animals are routinely fed grains such as corn. As a result, the meat becomes high in omega-6 linoleic acid, as corn is loaded with this type of fat
* Replacing processed vegetable oils (and the foods that contain them) with healthy fats can go a long way toward boosting your health and reducing your risk of chronic disease